Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Moar Pizza - and greens

So, I'm a big fan of pizza.  Also a big fan of anything that uses up the greens.  So both were on display in this recipe from Smitten Kitchen for Crispy Spinach Pizza.  Modifications I made:
  • I used my usual pizza dough from Bittmann.
  • I didn't have fresh mozzarella so I made do with the shredded stuff in the bag.
  • I used 2 oz less of the mozzarella.
  • I sliced the garlic, poured a Tbs of olive oil over and microwaved it for 30 sec, fished it out to put on the pizza dough.
  • I cooked the pizza for 5 minutes on parchment, then pulled it out to finish.  
Yes, it looks like we "melted Oscar the Grouch" on a pizza, but it still tastes pretty darn good.

 Some pics!
Pull the stems off the spinach:


The dough with all the cheeses:
Pile up the spinach:
Melted Oscar:
Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment