Monday, May 25, 2020

Asian Chicken Salad/Wraps

Wut?  I haven't posted this yet?  A quick search tell me no.  So for folks trying to use up all the salad greens we're getting in the CSA right now, this is for you. This is one of my favorite recipes.  It's designed to be eaten as "lettuce wraps" ala PF Changs (or Phoenix Asian Cuisine if you'd like to go local) but I find that the lettuce wraps fall apart so I just like to serve it as a salad.

Skinnytaste has some amazing recipes, and this is one: https://www.skinnytaste.com/asian-chicken-lettuce-wraps/

I almost always make it with 2x the chicken called for as well as extra mushroom. Multiply the sauces accordingly.   I've also used excess water chestnuts (because what the heck are you going to use with the rest of the can?) as well as more mushroom.  In addition to having used more dried shitake than might be called for, I've also used a good amount of fresh, especially if available through the CSA.  But really, this recipe is all about using up the lettuce.

You'll need to make a trip to Super G to get all the different ingredients, but once you have them, they last FOREVER in your fridge.  I substitute korean gochuchang for the "white pepper" called for in the main recipe, and the same for the sauce (or siracha if you don't want to try and dissolve the gochuchang).

 So, long story short, the easiest way to do this is to cook up the chicken after marinating in all the sauces/spices, chop up the lettuce, and scatter the former over the latter (with a few good spoonfuls of rice).  And then add a good drizzle of sauce, with extra siracha or hoisin as you like.  Eat it up.

Here's a pic:


No comments:

Post a Comment