Sunday, June 20, 2021

Kefta (Lamb meatballs)

 So there's no Guilford College CSA this summer, but we do have a weekly farmer's market (4-6pm every Tuesday at the Guilford College Farm - check it out!).  However, while I don't have a CSA challenge this summer, I do have a another challenge, the whole lamb from Enno Farm that's currently stuffed in my freezer, along with the remains of a 1/4 of a pig from PTB Farm last December.  So this year's challenge is much more meaty, but there will be vegetables included!

I had posted my first recipe with lamb chops a couple of weeks ago, and I'll need to branch out into the different cuts in my freezer.  I commonly make lamb burgers and top the with  tzatziki (I'll post that soon) but I thought it would be fun to branch out a bit with the ground lamb so I decided to try these Kefta and Zuchinni Kabobs from Smitten Kitchen.  I made them pretty much as written, except that I used 2% Greek yogurt to make the sauce, and a lonely hamburger bun I had around for the bread.  The meatballs I threaded onto soaked wooden skewers as suggested, but the zucchini I put on these cool double skewers that are great for grilling because whatever you stick on them doesn't spin around!  However, they were a little too small for these petite scant 1 tbs meatballs.  I found I couldn't turn them over on the grill without the meatballs trying to pull off the skewer so I just kind of eased them over with a spatula.  No in-process pictures, but a nice shot of the final platter before we had dinner:


 

Note: I had tried to post this a few weeks ago, but Blogger was mysteriously not letting photos upload.


No comments:

Post a Comment