Saturday, May 15, 2021

Lamb and potatoes

 So it's been a minute...

Lots of stuff has happened since last I posted, but I'll leave that alone for now.  

I was fortunate enough to buy a lamb from my friend Angela King of the Wake Forest University Chemistry Department and Enno Farm in Stokes County NC.  Today I pulled out a random selection of chops and seasoned them up w/ salt, pepper, fresh rosemary and garlic.  



They're in a plastic bag b/c I cooked them sous vide for 2 hours at 127°F before I plopped them on the grill for a couple of minutes on each side. I tried sous vide b/c I was scared to death to overcook these babies and sous vide lets you get it up to temp and then finish on the grill, about 2 minutes per side.  It worked out great.

To accompany I made "Crash Potatoes" which I got from the Pioneer Woman's web site but that I'm sure she didn't invent.  Happy accident here, I put them on at 450°F for the first 20 min on convection, I did realize it but it made them very crispy and delicious.  I used Yukon Gold potatoes from a lovely bag obtained at Harris Teeter.  No paremsan, but a big sprinkle of chopped fresh rosemary was yummy.

Lastly the sauce.  This is a version of chimichurri I got from the "Sauced" column on Serious Eats, one of my favorite places to get recipes (note I put in all the ingredients in order, but the vinegar and oil I just throw the food processor at the end with the rest of the ingredients). I've also made this chimichurri with carrot tops!  All in all, I think it came out pretty great.  There was a cesear salad to go along with it, but it's not pictured. 



No comments:

Post a Comment