Monday, May 30, 2022

Crispy broccoli

 I love me some roasted veggies.  This week we got a wonderful 2 lb bag of broccoli in our CSA, and I knew that it was going to get roasted.  Thanks to my girl Deb at Smitten Kitchen, I knew exactly what I needed to do, and it did not dissapoint! You can find the recipe here: https://smittenkitchen.com/2015/04/crispy-broccoli-with-lemon-and-garlic/

First cut up the broccoli into smaller florets, and peel the stems and cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Toss it up with salt, pepper, garlic, lemon zest and and couple of tbs of olive oil and throw it on a sheet pan and roast the heck out of it at 425°F for 20-30 minutes.  Stir it up after 20 min and then check it every 5 minutes after that until it's the amount of crispy you like. Mine was good after 5 more minutes.  Hard not to eat the whole pan when it comes out!

some pics!

stir it all up!

put it on the sheet pan:


Roast it up!


Ugly delicious....


No comments:

Post a Comment