Monday, June 4, 2018

Breakfast tacos with beet greens

One other green I had was some beet greens that I'd chopped off of the beets I got last week (and the week before, and the week before - but those had not quite survived).  They were pretty wilted, but a soak in water for about an hour and them putting them in a glass overnight perked them up.  At any rate, I cut the stems off, and got them chopped up:
Then I sauteed them for about 7-8 minutes in some fat from about 1/2 ounce of chopped pancetta I'd rendered down using the same technique I described here
Once the greens were tender enough, I added the pancetta back in, and added a beaten egg, and stirred everything together on low until the egg was cooked.  Heated a couple of corn tortillas, added a bit of mexican blend cheese to both (about 1/2 oz or 2 tbs), and then put the greens/egg mixture on top:
Not shown, the tablespoon of salsa and sliver of avocado I put on each taco.  Should've taken a pic with that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment