Thursday, June 21, 2018

New week, new box, stuff from the old box

So I remembered to take a pic of this week's box (week 7) - it was a particularly pretty one:
What all was in here?  Well, if I could find the list from the farm, I'd tell you exactly, but since I can't I have to go from the photo above!

1 bunch onions
2 slicing tomatoes
1.5 lbs summer squash
1 bulb fresh garlic
1 bunch beets
1 lb various cherry tomatoes
1.5 lbs purple carrots
1.5 lbs red, white and blue potatoes
1 bunch rainbow chard

Night before last (CSA pickup day) I chopped the potatoes into roughly 1-0.5 inch cubes (unpeeled) put them in a bowl, tossed them with salt, pepper, 1 tbs olive oil and a good handful of chopped fresh rosemary and roasted them in a single layer at 400 °F for 30 minutes.  They were very tasty with a hamburger topped with some cheese, sliced tomato from this week's basket and some lettuce from last week's CSA.

Did you notice that there was no KALE in this week's box?  Amazing!  Fortunately I still have all the kale from the last two weeks.   I know you're dying to find  out what I did with it, and I'll let you know.  Soon.  Because we have not eaten all it yet. I have, however, washed and dried it, removed the stems and chopped it so it's ready to go into a lot of different things.  For example, some of it has been sauteed and put in a fritata, and I mentioned in an earlier post that some if it had gone into a pasta.  It keeps well in the fridge in a ziploc bag that has a bit of paper towel in the bottom to absorb moisture.  There is probably another kale pizza in our immediate future.


No comments:

Post a Comment