Saturday, May 25, 2019

All the chard....

I really like rainbow chard, it's so pretty!  It also tastes great.  Like most greens, if you get some Italian sausage involved, it's very tasty.  I can't believe I hadn't posted this one last year with the CSA, but at least here it now....

Penne with Sausage, Chard and Pine Nuts This is from Fine Cooking, I'm really surprised at how awful the photo in the article is! However the recipe is great.

What did I change?  Well, I used 6 oz of pasta, not 8.  Also, I probably used more chard, since I had a bunch from week 1 and week 3.  I soaked the week 1 chard in some water for about an hour or two to freshen it up, and then cut off the stems and rolled it and chopped it up.

 See?  Pretty!  I also used turkey sweet Italian sausage instead of pork sausage.  Other than that, it pretty much went as described in the recipe (only one tablespoon of olive oil, though - 1/2 tbs to start the sausage, then 1/2 tbs to saute the onion).

Looking pretty good:
And I also have all these stems...
Some interesting pickles to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment