Friday, May 17, 2019

Sheet Pan Dinner: Sausage and Potato Roast with Arugula

So, who doesn't love a sheet pan dinner?  Well, I guess I do, though I'm not really sure I've made that many, so it's hard to tell.

Anyhow, there was this recipe from Smitten Kitchen, which I DO actually love (the blog in general, not just this recipe).  It does the first thing I want to do, which is to use.up.greens.  It also does the second and third thing I want to do: be tasty, and not too unhealthy.

So, first step, toss the potatoes and shallots with some oil.  I used 2 tablespoons rather than 3. Also, I don't know where she's buying her tiny shallots but I had two that added up to 8 ounces, so I cut them (and peeled them) into several pieces:


Roast that for about 15 minutes, then add your sausage.   I used hot

Italian sausage from PTB farms, very delicious.Roasted for 30 more minutes.
Once you've done that, drop the whole mix onto some arugula, or spicy salad mix from the Guilford College farm, with a tablespoon of lemon juice.



Toss it up and then plate it up:

Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment