Tuesday, September 11, 2018

And we're back!

So today was the start of the 10-week fall CSA.  And a lovely start it was:

According to the note we had:
peppers (both hot and sweet)
potatoes
onions (one red and one yellow)
eggplant (Thai and purple)
okra
onions
garlic

Tonight I used some leftover roast chicken and made tacos with one of the peppers and onions from the CSA basket. Very easy and quick, and I forgot to take a photo.  I cheated a bit and used  one of the pouches from Frontera.  I also add a little bit of salsa and some of this ancho adobo sauce (easy to make and keeps for months!)

Since I forgot to take a picture of dinner, I thought you'd enjoy some of these pictures of animals at the Guilford College Farm:

This is Polly - she belongs to Nick and Audrey (Nick is the farmer).  She's a big sweetheart.  Glad her days of bounding across New Garden Road seem to be behind her.

And this is Oliver, one of the barn cats.  He's a feral rescue (from the Feral Cat Assistance Program), and also a big fuzzy sweetheart.  Unless you're a mouse in the barn.  Then he's a stone.cold.killer.
SRSLY DONT MESS WITH OLIVER.



No comments:

Post a Comment