Sunday, July 28, 2019

Slow roasted tomatoes

As I think I've mentioned, we're overrun with tomatoes right now, including a couple of pints of mixed cherry tomatoes:

Deb Perelman at Smitten Kitchen has this recipe for Slow Roasted Tomatoes, which is as delicious as it is simple. It takes 3 hours, but it's hands-off and perfect for a lazy Saturday afternoon while you Netflix and chill:


Deb's pictures are way more gorgeous than mine will ever be, but here's what they looked like coming out of my oven (I subbed a Silpat for the parchment paper.:
Serving suggestions:
1.  Stand in front of the stove and eat them directly off the baking sheet.

(not pictured)

2.  Smash on some toast you rubbed with the roasted garlic, top with fresh mozzarella and basil.

I'm sure you can think of other things to do with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment