Sunday, July 21, 2019

Pan con Tomate

We are in high tomato season here at the CSA.  This week's box had a pint of cherry tomatoes and 2 pounds of regular tomatoes.  And, since I also have a friend's CSA because she is out of town, that means I've got 4 pounds of tomatoes!
Obviously that means that there are BLT's, fresh tomato pasta and gazpacho in my future.  I also used one of the tomatoes to make a quick snack that I learned about in Spain, Pan con Tomate.  I think this is supposed to be a tapa, but every morning at the hotel breakfast in Spain there was a bowl of tomato pulp so you could have it for breakfast.  I used this recipe, more or less as written (but with just one tomato and a few slices of bread since it was just me), and forgot to take pics.  One change I made: I used Italian bread from Cheesecakes by Alex (I've explained how good bread comes from a cheesecake place here)

There's a lot of arguments in the comments about how to make the dish and who it belongs to (it's Catalonian, not Spanish), but I think you can put it together however you want, just make sure you've got great:
  • Bread
  • Tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Garlic 

No comments:

Post a Comment