Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Attack of the Greens! Making it fit!

So late yesterday afternoon I went to pick up this week's CSA box.  Greens-greens-greens!

 What have we got?
  • bok choy
  • collards
  • kale
  • cabbage
  • salad mix
  • peppers (2)
  • butternut squash (3 lbs! A monster!)
  • garlic
Which are all quite delicious but a little overwhelming if you're trying to cram all them in your fridge, especially if it still has some greens in it from last week!  So, to decrease the volume, and increase the likelihood that I'll use them, I've tried to chop and wash the greens as soon as I get home:
Washed and dried (with that salad spinner I told you to get awhile ago) they'll keep for a week or more in a ziploc bag with a paper towel in the bottom to absorb moisture.  Now that they are cleaned and chopped, it'll be much easier to drop them into to a recipe after work on a weeknight.

2 comments:

  1. I love bok choy in Asian soups like pho, miso, or tom kha. I found out today (because they were sampling) that New Seasons has their own jarred vegan broths - hot and sour, a gingery pho, and a tom kha. I bought the tom kha. Wish I could send you some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bok choy too! Need to saute some to add to all the things!

    ReplyDelete