Monday, July 6, 2020

Cilantro - do you hate it?

How do you feel about cilantro?  The first time I had it I thought I was licking a bar of soap.  The the next time, I was all "this is yummy!".  Don't know what happened there.  I had exactly the opposite reaction with a Japanese herb called shiso. Liked it then hated it. So while I'm happy to see a bundle of cilantro show up in the CSA the last two weeks, I'm hoping Nick doesn't start growing shiso on the farm!

A few things with cilantro I've made before:
And here are a couple of new things, one with pics and one without, cuz I was hungry.

Guacamole
Note: this is a starting point, adjust ingredients to your taste
1 large ripe avocado (like the ones in the bag at Costco) or 2 small (like the ones in the tiny bag at HT)
1 handful chopped ripe tomato
1 handful chopped onion
1 handful cilantro. chopped
juice from 1/2 lime
1 serrano or 1/2 jalepeño (if it's one of those monster ones!), finely chopped, or a few dashes of hot sauce such as Tapatio
salt and pepper to taste

 Mash avocado in bowl w/ fork or potato masher.  Add the rest of the ingrdients, stir, taste and adjust salt, pepper and hot sauce to your liking.  Serve w/ tortilla chips on tacos or quesadillas, or, just go at it with a spoon.

Some pics!
Avocado ready to be smashed:
Getting to smashing with my tiny potato masher:
Add the rest of the ingredients:
Mix it up:
Needs moar Tapatío:

No comments:

Post a Comment