Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week two appears:

Aerial view necessary to see all the greens!

What's all in here?  Well, according to the note:
  • 3/4 pound salad mix 
  • 3/4 pound spicy salad mix (lots of arugula and other spicy greens)
  • 1/2 pound spinach
  • 1 pound kale
  • 1 pound collards
  • 1 bunch beets 
  • 1 bunch turnips
  • 1 head lettuce (looks like butter lettuce)
Looks like saladapalooza week two starts here, but tonight I used a couple of the turnips to make this Rosti Casserole with Baked Eggs from Cooking Light.  It's fast to put together, and to be honest, it's one of the few recipes I use regularly that has turnips in it. I also used one of the green onions left over from last week to substitute for the chives.


I also like it with the spicy salad greens dressed with a little balsamic (another example of using 0.003% of the salad greens in the box for a meal)
Check it out!  I didn't cover up the food with cheese this time!

Stay tuned this week to see if I start eating salad for breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment